Monday, May 17, 2010

Renaissance shirts and corsetes, 7th grade

Just in time, these girls finished their hand sewn shirts and corsetes!!  The corsetes were made from old donated tee shirts  (we are getting very creative due to budget cuts all around!!).  The top picture shows putting grommets in.  Next year we will use larger grommets and I will keep an eye for short-cutters...the middle one was done correctly, but the other two took a few shortcuts, and it shows!  They should be reversible, so there is two sides, but the ladies on the sides only used one layer.  Oh well, they still turned out great, and fine for costume--they went to a Renaissance faire the next day!

3 comments:

Teaching Handwork said...

Those are so cool!!! I want to do that with my 6th grade....but I don't think we have time......if only!

kikiporter said...

Do u have a source for the patterns? My daughter's 7th grade has a fair in May.

kikiporter said...

Do u have a source for the patterns? My daughter's 7th grade has a fair in May.