Monday, May 17, 2010

Medieval Games banner

Medieval Games banner for the class of 2012!!!  Each schools 6th grade class makes tunics, and this is the crowning jewel, their banner!  Each student painted a square and we fused it onto the banner.  We painted the letters using a stencil, and stenciled the 2012 on the bottom.  (I sewed the banner itself in like 15 minutes...the silk fabric and all the rest only cost $6 , all on sale and with my teacher's discount at JoAnne's)  After years of trying different things, like sewing appliques, using felt...etc, this has worked out the best I think...maybe next year we could embroider the images on, but really, my class sizes are only getting bigger, so not sure if that would be a good idea or not.  It seems we are always racing to get things together before the medieval games begin, no matter how early I start the process!!

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Oh, and there are two squares missing on the bottome, I will take a picture of the actual finished banner tomorrow!!