Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Paper maiche dragon heads

and


What a smooth first day, only a few kinks, which is par for the coarse.

I learned that making what I thought was a simple felting project with the 7th grade, as a fun little project (inch worm) that we could then give to our little buddies in 3rd, was not such an "easy" project for these guys....amazed at the struggle to work with the wool! I am glad I started with this, they will need much more practice felting before we start their slippers!

I found out our school is finally going to celebrate Michaelmas, although it may be called something else to avoid any kind of religious connotations that may have for some people....the good news is I get to make the huge papermaiche dragon head with the 6th grade!!! I am so excited about this...the challenge is that I just got that news, and have to have it done in a month, which means about 7 class periods of 5o minutes.....we will have a blast building this!

Also, here are some pictures from last year...sock from 5th, and OH, those piggies!!!!

No comments: