Friday, August 3, 2012

Self Doubt

Well, it's about that time of year when self doubts comes creeping it....this happens every year.
I question whether I am cut out to teach children, whether I can do as good a job as I would like to...
Who am I anyway to teach these children?  Surely someone else is more qualified...blah blah blah...

Oh I hate this when this happens!  I am a wreck the first day of school...so nervous like it was my first day ever...gah!

Am I the only one that goes through this?  I would think after 9 years of doing this I would be more confident...or something.....

3 comments:

OnlyOneHook said...

Wow it never goes away? that self doubt. Goodness I have been nervous about back to school but I have only been teaching for two years now. Well I think without that doubt we would could never grow and be open to new possibilities. Grace, peace and blessings for back to school.
Raven

OnlyOneHook said...

onlyonehook@gmail.com

Theresa said...

Thank-you Raven!! I know once I start it is all fine...just that little hump to jump over at the beginning. My butterflies usually go away within minutes. I also need to let go of perfectionism, my standards for myself are out of whack way too high! Practicing acceptance of the best I am able to do with the tools and children I am given...