Monday, January 10, 2011

Black is not your enemy...actually, it's 'sable'...

Today I will shop for supplies, coupons in hand!  First, I must get bolts of muslin to begin the process of 6th grade tunics for medieval games!  They picked sable (black) as the color to die them, and boy howdy did that get some otherwise uninvolved parents quite involved and oppinionated.  I'm sticking by the student's decision and the fact that that would have been appropriate as far as what colours were available during medieval times.  Relax for goodness sakes!  'nuf said....

What else?  Oh yeah, buy the fabric for the elephants we will be making in the same class...I have one student who flat out refuses to make an elephant and has decided to make a spirit bear...not sure how I feel about that, but a bear she shall make...

Just a little update, new year = new projects = lots of extra work for me.

Contemplating moving on to a different career.  This is also the time of year the principal would like our intentions for the coming school year, so I begin to imagine moving on....it might just be time.

No comments: